Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last Day of Vaca!

Fiji Weather: HOT

Today is our last day of vacation. Our flight doesn't leave until 10 pm tonight, so we booked a day long sailing trip. The boat first took us to a snorkeling spot. Peter & and the other people on the trip (Australian newlyweds) went snorkeling, but due to my fear of fish I did not. I got taken out on a dingy to a sandbar & then over to a reef to feed some fish. I'm happy with my decision.


Sailing



Out in the ocean



Not a cute pic, but it allows you to see our boat, and if you look closely my horrible sunburn!



Typical Fiji Scenery



Typical Fiji Scenery



The sandbar I'll be dropped off on



Happy snorkeling Peter



They give you a "shower" when you get out of the ocean 'cause it's so salty



Enjoying his shower


After the snorkeling they took us to Plantation Island for lunch & activities. After lunch Peter & I kayaked for a bit. Then we headed back on the boat & back to Port Denarau.


Plantation Island



Plantation Island


We returned to our resort, showered in a hospitality room & then headed out to the airport.


Our resort, The Westin



Farewell Fiji


And that's where we conclude this vacation recap. We had one last beer in the airport & then started the long treck home.


Our last vacation beer

No comments: