Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Denrau Resort Island

Fiji Weather: HOT

I made Peter get up early today so that we could make it to our complimentary breakfast. This was no ordinary continental breakfast, this was a hardcore breakfast buffet extravaganza! I may have eaten my weight in bacon, hasbrowns & pineapple. I finished with a mimosa. Happiness.

We had no real plans for the day, so we took a long walk on the beach & checked out some of the other resorts. When we got back we were ridiculously HOT & took a dip in our nice, cool resort pool. Then we ate lunch poolside & just soaked up some sun.


Ocean



Denarau Island



More beach



and more beach.



Ferns



The view from our balcony of our "ocean view room"


We decided to head to Port Denarau to check out some shops & restaurants. We grabbed a few beers at Lulu's Cafe and stayed there longer than anticipated 'cause the rain hit. It's the end of rainy season here in Fiji. Rainy season means it rains for an hour & then goes back to being just as hot & humid when it's done. After the rain stopped we decided to have dinner at BoneFish which is an Australian restaurant that we read about in a magazine on our flight. They use all locally caught seafood. I got the most amazing spicy prawns. It may have been my favorite meal of the trip!


I wanted to buy this crab



Clouds rolling in to port



Rain!



Drinks at Lulu's



Local trying to stay dry



Rains gone... let's move on out



Upside of rain... a beautiful rainbow



another super sweet sunset



More yummy drinks with dinner



Awesome dinner at Bonefish



Walk back to the resort


Apparently we got a little too much sun. I'm incapable of applying sunscreen.


Hard to see, but I have some BAD sunburn

No comments: