Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quick Running Update

It's been almost 4 weeks since I've gone running.

I still have bilateral knee pain- on & off.

I decided the other day that it was time to call the doctor.

It's obvious to me I won't be running for a while, so I figured it can't hurt to see a doctor. My appointment is still 2 and a half weeks away. During this time my goals are to cross train, strength train, do some yoga & lose 5 pounds... all in the hopes that when I go to see the doctor in 2 weeks he will tell me that my knees look good & it was probably just a bad case of runner's knee.... that's my dream! Only time will tell.

I'm missing running even more than I expected. I knew it would suck not to run, but not being able to run when the weather is finally nice is killing me. Before we left for New Zealand, running had become such a big part of my routine. I was running religiously 3-4 times a week for several months... it's hard to have to break a habit like that. Most days when I get out of work I just want to go home, change, and head out for a run.

Hopefully I'll get good news on June 21st...

1 comment:

Annette Renee White said...

Call me crazy, but not running for 4 weeks is a GOOD thing ;)

But, I am so damn impressed by your "running" drive. If you could pass it on to me, that would be great!