Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Hippy Factor Increases...

I've been excited about our South Wedge Farmers' Market starting for a while now. Unfortunately, my busy schedule has interfered with my attendance. I was sure I'd hit it up this Thursday, but then realized I was working the evening shift. Boo. Alas, I will make it there soon, this I am sure of. Mostly, I'm confident about it because I joined a fresh cut flower CSA this summer & my pickup is at the South Wedge Farmers' Market... Yep, that's right, a flower CSA... I really have become a hippy! Peter randomly received some info on Chicory Blue Gardens. He forwarded it to me since I have a minor obsession with having fresh flowers in the house. So, now I get to pick up a fresh bouquet of flowers every Thursday! Anyway, since I work this Thursday I had to pick them up early at the Brighton Farmers Market on Sunday. I'm not really sure what I'm in for with this CSA, but the first bouquet was acceptable!


You may notice that the flowers are in a pitcher. Well, that is because I broke my vase a few weeks ago. The pitcher was a birthday gift from a friend since she read my sangria post & saw that I only had one pitcher for sangria! ...Sadly that original pitcher broke when I got home from our Memorial Day picnic. So, the current tally is as follows:

1 pitcher lost to a dead mouse
1 pitcher lost to my husband's mishadling
1 vase lost to me dropping it

Leaving us with one new pitcher to be used as both a vase & pitcher for the time being.




While at the farmers' market we also bought some granola & a loaf of sourdough bread from Small World Bakery. We've had their bread before & liked it. The granola is one of Peter's experiments to see if he could ever be one of those people that eats plain yogurt with granola in it for breakfast. Jury's still out on whether or not he's a total hippy yet.




We also found a nice Italian stand that sells homemade raviolis, sauce & stuffed breads. You can get one of each for a total of $15 which excited Peter & I enough to give it a shot!

Pepperoni & cheese stuffed bread



Not quite enough done for me... I popped mine in the broiler for a bit



Dinner = roasted red pepper ravioli w/vodka sauce & a slice of stuffed bread


Overall it was quite a productive day at the farmers' market!

No comments: