Thursday, June 9, 2011

Birthday Cake!

Peter has finally proved his worth as a husband. Apparently he's been listening to me for the past few years! My friend, Leigh Ann, had the most awesome wedding cake 5 years ago! There were 3 different flavors of tortes that Peter & I both thoroughly enjoyed, but our favorite was the hazelnut trio torte.


Hazelnut Trio Torte
Hazelnut sponge cake & hazelnut meringue layered with praline buttercream
& Belgian chocolate truffle filling


Yumm! When Peter & I moved to the South Wedge area of Rochester we learned that the bakery where this cake is made is just down the street! Premier Pastry! We often speak fondly of the place & discuss getting a cake someday. Well, my friends, my 32nd birthday was the day! Peter surprised me with the cake of my dreams!


















SO PRETTY & SO GOOD!!!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

That cake was so good at 3AM. Normally after eating something like that so late at night I feel bad about it the next day. But weirdly it never fazed me. Must have been the right decision...