Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers' Day

Happy Father's Day to all dads out there... especially my own!






And now a more "real" picture of my father & I doing what we do best... disagreeing!





He taught me everything I know about being stubborn... and running! The latter is why I made him a super sweet running care package with all of his favorite things for father's day! Hopefully I can give him an even better gift on Tuesday (the big knee doctor day!) & be cleared to run once again!




I also decided to bake up some Blueberry Zucchini Bread for Fathers' Day. Neither of these ingredients are really in season, but oh, well! I've made the bread a few times before & it always gets good ratings, plus I figured it would be something my grandfather could/would want to eat, so I decided to whip a batch up!


Some ingredients



Blueberries!



It smells so good baking!



Yum!









We headed out to Buffalo for some family time. After having a lovely little lunch at my in-laws we made our way to my Grandfathers' house. My grandfather will be 93-years-old next month! I would've tried to take a picture of him, but if he caught me doing that I'd probably get smacked, so here's a wonderful picture of us at my wedding reception instead!





The celebration was filled with weeding of my grandfather's garden (not a joke), lots of food, & fun. A "friendly" game of volleyball seemed like a nice way to cap the day off & burn a few calories. Many laughs were had & many expletives were yelled.... ah, there's no place like home!


Alexa, our fierce line judge









Lizzy, our mascot who just wanted everyone to leave her alone so that she could get some sleep!

No comments: