Saturday, October 3, 2009

Catching Up - February 2009

My husband is now crazy blogger, so during this week off between jobs I figured I can try to catch up on my blog and perhaps rekindle my love of sharing my life with the public (all, three of you ;-). I will begin with what happened following my last real post in January.....

This past February Peter & I decided to make some decisions. We most notably needed to decide on when we would get married & where we would be living. The decision to stay in Rochester turned out to be an easy one. We decided that Rochester was where we wanted to be, at least the next few years. We decided that we would buy a house & I would get a new job. So, it would be our goal to get married before fall. In the beginning of February we decided to start looking into our options. Shorty after this decision something happened that made me step it up and want to finalize all of our wedding plans sooner than expected...

On February 19th my Nana passed away. While she had been in the hospital since December, her passing was anything but expected. It was a complete surprise- a devastating surprise to our entire family. Nana was the cornerstone of our big, crazy family. It was impossible to think of continuing our family traditions without her.

I had been planning on visiting her in the hospital on February 20th after Peter & I were to meet with the venue that we were pretty sure we'd be having the wedding reception at. I was confident that we would be choosing this venue & then I could go to the hospital & give my Nana something to work toward getting better for. I can't really explain the feeling of never getting to say good-bye to her. Devastating is the only word that comes even close.

Following my Nana's funeral & the aftermath I knew that Peter & I needed to set a date ASAP & get our asses moving on wedding planning. Nana's death taught me that you have no idea what tomorrow will bring, so don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. We set our wedding reception date the day after my Nana's funeral- we decided on Saturday, September 5th, 2009. Now we would only have to decide on the wedding ceremony's date and location which we wanted to occur a few days prior......


Nana on her 77th birthday, just before being admitted to the hospital.

No comments: