Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trip to Vermont


This past weekend Peter & headed over to Vermont for a get together celebrating Lauren & Barrett's birthdays. Our initial plan was to rough it & sleep outdoors in a tent, but the weather was pretty lousy & there was a bed available to us, so how could we refuse the warmth of the indoors?!

Mike, KJ, Carlos, Ian & I


Leslye entertaining us with one of her stories


We had planned on going for a hike on Saturday, but due to inclement weather we had to revert to our backup plan. This plan included:

Stop #1. Dakin Farm where we were able to sample various cheeses, sausages, chutneys, other dips & things with maple.... I don't like maple flavored anything, so I stayed away from those. There we purchased smoked cheese with onion (very good!) & smoked chicken sausage w/apple. I had been wary of apple in my sausage, but it was actually quite tasty.

Stop #2. Lincoln Peak Vineyard were the boys enjoyed a wine tasting while the girls looked on. Here Peter purchased a bottle of Frontenac. (I have a rule about buying a bottle of wine whenever we have a tasting at a Vineyard.) He says it's good. We'll see.

Stop #3. Otter Creek Brewery is a place we had actually been to before. We visited there while in Vermont for Lauren & Barrett's wedding over 3 years ago. I'd recommend the Copper Ale which is what we drank for most of the weekend. I also enjoyed the Winter Ale which is Rasberry Brown, 'cause of course all you have to do is throw some raspberry in a beer & I'll enjoy it. I brought some of that home as well as a couple of bottles of the Pumpkin Ale. I would probably only drink one of the Pumpkin Ales before getting sick of it, but it was a nice change of pace.

So, that was our weekend, along with lots of games, a bonfire, wii & just hanging out. Lots of fun with friends & strangers!


Carlos & Peter demonstrating "Ba-cawk!" (a game Leslye learned in Guatamala)


KJ & Peter can't get enough of "Ba-cawk!"


My blog is now officially "caught up!" Chicky, Chicky, woof, woof!

No comments: