Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week in Review

This week was pretty good. I followed my schedule as planned. Well, not exactly. I was supposed to do a speedy 5K this weekend, but my sacred Garmin held me back. For some reason it couldn't find satellites. Not quite sure what the issue was, but after warming up for 1.5 miles trying to get my Garmin to find my location, I just gave up & did a relatively easy 5 mile run.

Now, you may be asking, "Why couldn't you just do the speed workout without the Garmin?" Well, my friends, cause that's just not how I roll. Having no time on my watch to reassure me would drive me crazy. I would either have to just do what feels right, or do some quick math in my head... not my forte. So, I decided to scrap the speed & just do a reasonable distance at a pretty good pace (just under 10 min miles). However, during my run I came up with my workout schedule for this week, including a great running idea. The duathlon was 2 weeks from yesterday. I decided that I'm going to try to replicate the race for myself on Thursday. Thursday's my day off, so I'll have time to dedicate to this. I'm going to run a 5K, rest/stretch/hydrate for 1 to 1.5 hours, and then run my second 5K. I'm pretty excited about this! I'm interested to see how I'm going to feel during the second 5K!

This week's stats:
Total miles run: 13
Total miles biked: 5
Yoga: 1 class, 1 video

New songs added to my running playlist:
Give me everything (Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo)

No comments: