Wednesday, February 23, 2011

O Happy Day!

The long awaited day has arrived..... I have finally been united with my Garmin Forerunner! I deviated from my routine & didn't go straight to the gym after work. I headed home & was hoping to find my package on the front porch. The USPS site said my package was in transit! It was only 7 degrees when I headed to work this morning, but upon leaving work it was about 36 degrees & crazy sunny so it felt much warmer! I thought for sure I would run outside & finally experience the Garmin.... alas, it was not meant to be. My mailman decided to wait until the sun went down to deliver the package. I don't know what that was all about, since my mail it always on my porch before 4 pm (conspiracy, perhaps?)! I was not a happy camper. It's okay though, 'cause it needed to be charged & I had to learn how to work it.

The sacred Garmin on my freakishly small wrist!

Now I must wait for the next day I have enough courage to brave the cold. My poor little body will not be happy, but that's okay, 'cause I'm sure the endorphins & pure joy of having an accurate workout recording device will keep me going.

Do endorphins help Reynaud's?

For now I'll just stare at the pretty tulips I bought at Wegmans, dreaming of warmer days when running outside won't seem impossible or life threatening...


No comments: