Friday, April 15, 2011

3 things i bought

This week I made 3 purchases in order to improve my workouts.**

#1. Bic Bands

I bought 2 Bic Bands for my hair. They're supposed to be awesome & not slip... we'll see about that. I can not stand when my hairbands slip (Peter can vouch for this. I had a minor breakdown on our flight from Fiji to LAX when my hair band kept sliding out of my hair... true story.).

#2. Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD

I've heard great things about this video. Since I have a new found love of all things yoga I'm excited to try it. I might have to turn the heat up in my house while I do it in order to get the feeling that I'm in one of my power vinyasa classes.




#3. Chia Seeds

I've been reading about the benefits of these babies. Despite my husband talking smack about them I went out & bought them. I started reading "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall & here's an excerpt from his book:

In terms of nutritional content, a tablespoon of chia is like a smoothie made from salmon, spinach, and human growth hormone. As tiny as those seeds are, they’re superpacked with omega-3s, omega-6s, protein, calcium, iron, zinc, fiber, and antioxidants. If you had to pick just one desert-island food, you wouldn’t do much better than chia, at least if you were interested in building muscle, lowering cholesterol, and reducing your risk of heart disease; after a few months on the chia diet, you could probably swim home.

Peter wasn't a fan of them acting like there's HGH in the seeds, but that didn't bother me one bit.




**Disclaimer: none of these things have been proven to improve workouts, but it has been proven that buying myself new things does increase my motivation to workout and try to attain greater fitness... even if only momentarily.

No comments: