Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Distracting Myself from that Pesky Earthquake

I was really getting excited about my upcoming vacation to....... NEW ZEALAND



Of course, this tragic disaster should not place focus on me & my vacation, but the poor people who have to deal with the repercussions.... so, I will digress....

I ran 4 miles in 41 minutes today. I'm still capable of better, but I'm content with that distance & time today! Following my runs the last 2 days I have had ZERO desire to lift weights at the gym- ZERO. This is partially because I just want to go home & partially because all those gym dwellers that joined back on January 1st have still not given up & are occupying all my machines! Damn them! I really hoped that they would be gone by now, but alas *sigh* they are not. Fear not! I decided it was time to invest in some more free weights for my home gym (ie spare bedroom). I have some free weights already, but they're pretty wimpy. They're from when I was all about my FIRM workouts. The FIRM is pretty much aerobic strength training, and these weights (see below) weren't gonna cut it for the kind of exercises I'm looking to do.

Yes, I own 3 lb dumbells.... it's kinda sad actually. In my defense I also own 8 lbs weights (See yesterday's post for visual. They are next to Hallie!) Regardless, I decided it was time to venture out to Target & add on to my free weight collection.... and so it was done.

Yep, 10 & 15 lbs weights.... I'm so powerful! They only had one 15 lb left, so I'll have to return at some point to get a mate to that weight. I'm so excited about this! Think of the possiblities- chest press, shoulder press, biceps, triceps, dead lifts- all in the comfort of my own home! I could go on forever, but instead I think I will go test out my new purchase!

No comments: