Friday, November 16, 2007

Pump Some Iron

Realization #2: I sleep too much.

Yes, I sleep too much. When I lived in Buffalo, 5 minutes from work, I would get 8 hours of sleep every night, for the most part. Now, if I were to get 8 hours of sleep every day I would have no life whatsoever. I am a tired person. I get worn out. I can't even blame this current exhaustion on working out like crazy (like I normally would), 'cause I don't even have the time, nor the energy to work out! This is insane!

I never used to be so tired. I used to be a non-stop party animal! Now, I'm a loser. It all started around two years ago when I made my new years resolution to run a half-marathon. About a month and a half into my training I was just about dead to the world. Apparently my 25 mile weeks where killing me. A few weeks later I went to the doctor, got blood tests, and found out that I was "severely" anemic. I was kinda happy with the diagnosis, 'cause at least there was a reason for my lethargy! So, I took lots of iron supplements, ate lots of red meat, and felt a lot better. But, now I'm pretty bad again, so I'm thinking about taking more than just my daily prenatal vitamin (no, I'm NOT pregnant, those vitamins just have the most iron).

If I don't do something I'm just gonna continue to sleep my life away! So, that's all. I'm anemic. Boo-hoo. This is a boring post, but I'm bored at work and have nothing else on my mind but my iron levels.

P.S. In case you're wondering, I never did run that half-marathon!

No comments: