Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Card Debacle

Perhaps you remember last year's Christmas card. I tried to make Muffin & Hallie sit in a box for the picture (actually I tried to stuff them into stockings first, but Hallie was already too fat at only 7 months old). So, that didn't go too well. Here's a reminder:

The card was cute in the end and involved kind of a collage of the pictures. It was a long and arduous process, however.

This year I started early with trying to capture the perfect Christmas card picture. My great idea was to decorate my mantle and stick them up there. Here's how that looked:

Not so cute. Apparently they didn't enjoy being on the mantle as much as I thought they would.

Peter and I then tried to stick them in a gift bad, but Hallie kinda freaked out. Later they tried to play with the bag, but the picture wasn't too cute. It's actually pretty bad.


I the end, I decided on an old picture of the girls sleeping on the quilt my mom made for me. Hallie's pretty young and small in it, so it doesn't look anything like her, but I thought I'd give her one more year of being a cute, little kitten!

I ordered these a while back. There was a typo in how the company entered my address, so they were shipped between Buffalo and Erie, PA for several days before they finally made it to me (yesterday!). So, I brought the cards to Peter's curling match yesterday and decided to address them as I watched his team lose (apparently Jessica Simpson & I are both unlucky for our boyfriends during sporting events). As I'm addressing them, I take one final look and the writing and realize something horrible! It says:

"Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Love, Jaime Lyn, Muffin & Halle"

Hallie's name is spelled wrong! I'm so upset about it! For most of my life my name has been spelled wrong, so I can sympathize with poor Hallie! Oh, well, it's too late to do anything about it now! I hope you like my cards nonetheless!

No comments: