Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Last 2 Months In Short...

I'm once again going to try to use the blog to keep a journal of my half marathon training (as well as various random daily activities), but before jumping to today, I will offer a brief recap of the last 2 months. Just to give you a quick idea of some of what I've been doing physically & personally. (Oh, and please don't judge me on my run-on sentences.... that's just how I roll.... don't hate!)

Back in the end of November I bought a Groupon for a series of 10 classes of Crossfit 101 at 585 Crossfit Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I've been dying to try crossfit & this seemed to be the perfect opportunity. Hopefully, I'll return to it someday & get more into the ins & outs of it & why I like & dislike it, but for now I'll just leave it as a memory of the end of 2011. I was training for a half marathon at the same time & found that my love of running far outweighed my interest in continuing crossfit.


Next was Christmas & Christmas parties...

Peter's company holiday party photobooth


Rogers cousins (at least most of them) on Christmas


Next was New Years... unfortunately Peter & I were both pretty sick & needed to make last second changes to our plans.... we celebrated locally instead of Niagara Falls as planned.



2012 brought the appearance of my VENEERS! Finally! Just the thing I've been waiting for all of my life to close that gap! I'll spare you the details, but this was not an easy feat! In the end all is going well now (knock of wood)!



I think I'll have to recap the next event in an entry all of it's own. I ran the Nike+ Women's Half Marathon on January 14th. I ran it in my house.... and I don't own a treadmill.... yeah, think about that for a few moments.



My friend Abbey & I made a quick 30 hour trip to Chicago in the middle of January. It was a friend's bachelorette party & lots of fun was had by all.

Let's not talk about these lemon drops.


At the Karaoke Lounge


I decided to commit myself to a new half marathon training plan for the Flower City Challenge on Sunday, April 29th. This is the half I ran 2 years ago and the half I was training for when I got injured last year. I figured a structured plan might be just what I need to avoid injury & finally reach that sub 2 hour goal I've had my eye on!



The end of January brought the celebration of the anniversary of my husband's birth. Once again we rented a house with friends in the Fingerlakes for the weekend to celebrate.

Awesome cookie cake. Courtesy of Wegmans.


Sadly, on Saturday, January 28th, 2012 my Grandpa Slowik passed away. He was 93 years old. He will be missed more than words can say.




No comments: