Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm Married to a National Champion!

Peter posted what is below on Google+ a few days ago. I told him to scream it from the mountaintops, but he thought that was unnecessary. I told him to post it on his blog, but he didn't feel it was appropriate content or something. I told him to do a guest post on my blog, but he didn't seem too excited about that either. So, I decided to make the world aware of my husband's accomplishment by cutting & posting his post below! Enjoy!


I've found an activity that is random enough and has low enough participation that I can perform at an elite level. A couple weeks ago I found out that the US National Trail Orienteering Championships were going to be held just down the street from where I live and anybody could participate for a $25 fee. I'd never done trail orienteering, though I had done regular foot orienteering before. I figured I might as well try it as something different. Somehow I won. Yes, I am the current reigning US National Trail Orienteering Champion. Seriously. I'm not joking. I beat the four members of the US national trail orienteering team that were there. You can see the results here: http://orienteeringusa.org/us-teams/trail/events

Also, if you are interested in what trail orienteering is, you can go to:http://orienteering.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Technical-Introduction-to-TrailO-for-Experienced-Foot-Orienteers1.pdf

Edit: They took the results down for some reason from the Orienteering USA page, but they can still be found here:
http://1923877662989710021-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/2011ccof/home/convention-information/convention-events-results/2011USTOCTrail-Oresults.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7crBioCEzWe1dhFLSSW0JYnuiL4OJREiYuXmJy7-8sud0bufdeNCsYlcUy38ItdjyZ8128cuOkCOBOOD4-8vOr0EpnfeHhOswVBZOo02pM5pQNh8UDwn5wFBDbMgPvhwBXHEvs9yydwLADqAb1WuXTnCnt0Ahqeeu-klVvfImEYJWfdBYD49amLTgtXge2g4moXQKM_dWpizcDLvBd5Wv5rBWZcG25Vz1N-dvOTeLFwdCniCwTsGApZwQizePF_h00ValvgKQIhgrIPaMyZWD8i6MkXwr1lNjjbyOsPU6EBCmpvD5e0%3D&attredirects=0
Collapse this post



So proud of him!

Now I'm just waiting for the sponsors to start knocking down our door!

No comments: