Sunday, July 10, 2011

Delta, Delta, Delta

Leaving for Nantucket last week was not an easy feat!

First of all, I'll save you the details of my wheeling & dealing, but in the end I needed to cancel my outgoing flight to Nantucket & keep my returning flight. Wasn't the airline so nice to make me pay for canceling a flight I already paid for & was not going to take?

I love that I had to pay $12.56 to cancel a flight.
For canceling I received a credit of $137.44.
I then had to pay the $150 "change of flight fee."
I had to pay the difference.
Suck it Delta!

Also, the following drama ensued about an hour before our departure...


Muffin enjoys our enclosed front porch.



It's her happy place since Hallie won't step foot out there.


Well, Muff was hanging in her usual spot before my husband called to me during my last second packing, "Uh, Jaime, I'm gonna need your help over here." I didn't like the tone of his voice.... With good reason... 'cause this is what I came out to find:


A torn screen that leads to the great outdoors...



...and no Muffin in sight.


Peter ran outside calling her name & I ran franticly around the house calling her name. Much to my relief she came booking it up the stairs while I was looking for her in the bedrooms. There's no way to know for sure that Muffin ventured outside, but she appeared to be quite freaked out & Hallie enjoyed sniffing her. I drew the conclusion that she had a short adventure under the front steps & then the possum I believe lives there scared her back into her loving home.

Apparently she forgot about the possum though 'cause she's been looking to head back out once again.



No comments: