Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

I got my drivers license renewal form in the mail about 2 weeks ago. It made me both sad & excited. Sad, because it means that I'm super close to the big 2-9! The last time I dealt with my license I was on the verge of becoming 21! How exciting! Now, 30 is looming over my head! (I'll stop talking about getting old for now. I'm sure there will be many posts to come on that topic, 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm having yet another quarterlife crisis. I had one at both 24 and 25, but I'm pretty sure that this one at 29 will take the cake.) However, I was super excited about getting a new license because that means I GET A NEW PICTURE! HELL TO THE FREAKIN' YEAH!

So, I'm sure most of you are aware that I have a hideous drivers license picture. You may never have seen the license, 'cause I guard it with my life, but I'm sure you've heard about it. Now, when I say "hideous," I mean god-awful, worst picture ever taken of me! I'm honestly not just saying that. I mean, I know I'm unphotogenic and all, but this picture SUCKS ASS! Need more proof? Well, I actually had someone tell me that I looked like I had fetal alcohol syndrome in the picture! I'm not joking!

This is a picture of mine & Nicole's licenses. We were comparing whose was worse. Thankfully the picture is very blurry!



The thing that used to really upset me about my picture is that when I showed my ID at bars, no one ever questioned if it was me or not! That hurts! Actually, last year at Thursday at the Square the gentleman handing out bracelets said, "This isn't you." and I responded with my most sincere, grateful voice, " Thank you, sir. That is the nicest thing any one's ever said to me." Then, I proceeded to explain to him that the picture was taken when I was sick and pale with no makeup and that it was really humid that day, so it looks like I have a 'fro...... Needless to say, he just handed me the license back and put a bracelet on my wrist.

Anyway, I got myself all glammed up for my trip to the DMV yesterday. I spent about 5 minutes just practicing my smile. In the end, the picture looked mediocre, but I'll probably be flashing my ID everywhere when I get it 'cause I'm so proud that I don't look like I have fetal alcohol syndrome anymore!!!

On a side note, I would like to mention that I love the Monroe County Auto Bureau on E. Henrietta! It was by far the BEST experience I've ever had at the DMV. If Erie County was as awesome I would've had a new license picture years ago. In case you're wondering, I had tried on numerous occasions to get a new picture, but it was always hell going to the DMV!

No comments: