Monday, February 4, 2008

Some things

First of all, I am so happy that Mother Nature backed off a bit today. Last week was hell! Driving from Buffalo to Rochester when the 90 is closed is painful. Then, an ice storm to drive through, really? Is that necessary? I'm hoping the worst is over for the winter, but you never can be certain. It is only February afterall, and I heard that pesky groundhog saw his shadow. Stupid groundhog!

Secondly, I'm now a huge fan of the New York Giants. I've always defended Eli Manning. I didn't especially like him, but you gotta feel bad for someone who's Peyton Manning's brother. How much would it suck if you were a starting NFL quarterback, but your brother is all-star Peyton Manning. I bet he felt like he was never good enough, and I'm sure Eli's got some resentment built up. Well, he finally proved to his family that he's special too! Beating the undefeated Patriots! So freakin' sweet!!! Suck it Brady!

Next, I wasn't a huge fan of the Superbowl commercials, except for one. Combine a clown, a computer & a talking baby and how could it fail?! That ETrade baby rocks! I tried to post it as a video on here, but I can't quite figure out how to do that, so you'll have to follow the link.

Also, I mentioned that my new year's resolution is to save $15,000 this year. Well, my friends, let me tell you that this is even more difficult than anticipated! Thus, I've decided to nickname this year, "My year of living frugally," 'cause that's the only way I'm going to accomplish this goal! I have learned a few things about myself through this process, however.

#1. I own a ridiculous amount of beauty products! I know, I know, it's hard to believe! Between my Sephora & MAC obsession, my aunt who works for Avon and gives me bags of stuff, and my mom who is a closet product junkie who in turn gives stuff to me, I have quite the collection of products. So, I decided to not buy anymore until I've used up a significant portion of what I have. I mentioned to Peter yesterday that I have a lot of lotions and creams. He responded, "Ya think?!" So, I'm gonna try to work on that.

#2. I buy food I don't really need. Much like #1, I've decided to use up the stuff in my pantry & freezer. Obvioiusly not everything, but for example, I have about 10 cans of soup in my pantry. Rather than eat what I have I will buy 3 new cans when I go to Wegmans. It's a viscous cycle. I won't eat the soup I have 'cause it's not the kind I want. Too bad! I'm gonna freakin' eat it to get rid of it, so then I can stock only what I like from now on!

#3. I buy too much of the following: trashy magazines, single serving bags of Baked Lays at work, Red Bull, cat toys & treats, workout videos, and some other things I can't remember at the moment. I need to cut back on stupid random costs. They add up quick!

#4. My daily travel expenses are adding up. I have no way to cut back on that, but it's something I've noticed and have become quite annoyed with.


In other news, I have several things coming up soon to look forward to, including a trip to NYC, my high school reunion, and Key West, so I should have lots to talk about and will try to write more regularly. We'll see.

(P.S. The spell check on my blog isn't currently working, so ignore any typos and such! :-)

No comments: