Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Spring!

I love spring. I mean, I SERIOUSLY LOVE SPRING! I am so happy lately! Peter even commented on how much happier I seem lately. A little sunshine can do absolute wonders! I seriously think that vitamin D deficiency plays a huge roll in the winter blues. Back in the day, during my rotation at the Buffalo Psych Center, I had the pleasure of working with a doctor who was a vitamin D fiend! He was obsessed with it, and for good reason! I won't go into details, but check out his site for some more info about the benefits of vitamin D! I suppose it's possible that the sunshine, even without the vitamin D aspect just makes you feel better, but I don't care either way. I can only say that I'm much more enjoyable to be around in this beautiful weather!

This weekend was great (once I finished my 3-11 pm shift on Friday night). I got to go to Conesus Lake where Peter & some of his friends rented a lake house. I want a lake house. I really do. After I got over my intense sleep deprivation from last week, I was able to enjoy myself.


Sunday, after returning from the lake house Peter and I took Muffin & Hallie for a walk which they thoroughly enjoyed. Then, we did something else in honor of spring! We went to the garden center and bought some plants, soil and pots! We made me an herb garden! I'm so proud of it! I've wanted one for a while. It includes basil, rosemary, chives, mint, and (of course) catnip!

So, for now, I continue to be elated with the weather, and life in general!

1 comment:

Jaimelyn said...

yes, i'm commenting on my own blog! that picture from the lake doesn't do the weather justice. it looks all crappy and overcast somehow, even though it was crazy sunny and in the 80's!!!